06/09/2011

Abandoned Buildings

I really would love to go visit some of the places around Britain that have been abandoned over the years, for whatever reasons and photograph them.
Check some of the ones I've seen lately after the jump...



I haven't done for a while, but I used to spend a hell of a long time on 28dayslater looking at all the shit that people have gotten into/climbed and photographed from. Some of the crane pictures are awesome!

I put up a thread on a forum I'm on asking about an article I'd seen on there a few years ago, which was subsequently found for me (Famagusta, Cyprus) and it's thrown up some awesome articles on wrecks/ruins/buildings that were never finished.

This artificialowl was put up today and its a gold mine of stuff! Two of my favourites being the guy that wrecked 2 boats on the same reef within 5 years of each other and the Church that was buried by lava!

Six Flags, New Orleans The theme park Six Flags was never re-opened after Katrina, some of these photos are just stunning! (it's a bit of a long article, but well worth a browse)

Lastly, not so much of a photo article, but a pretty weird story for a town in America, Centralia