08/06/2011

Skiing Photography

Trying new stuff on there, so click below

Just seen this photo on NewSchoolers......
Epic does not sum it up. The skiier Hoot Brown passed away 2 days after this shoot, but its an awesome shot to be remembered by.   R.I.P
I really am looking to push my skiing photography when I head back out to Canada in November for the next season. It can be a bit of a struggle to get motivated when working 6/7 days a week and this has always been my downfall when it comes to my photography, but once I'm out with my camera and shooting, it is always worth it.
Worthless self-promotion time though.... here are a few of my favourite shots that I took in Canada...
Alex, Tailtap 180 over the hitching post in Na.Jib.Ska
Jackson, Tailpress on the C-Box
Jackson, Handplant over the Hitching post
Jackson, Shifty to switch off the Launch box.

Considering I had hardly shot any skiing photos before this season (in a serious sense of photography) I really enjoyed it all. The last shot is a bit too blurry for my liking, but I'm going to be a bad workman and blame my tools...the 70-300 kit lens I have is bollocks! on autofocus. But im not going to let it get me down. Next season there will be much better work being posted.
Sam