15/06/2011

Music....

I know its pretty cliche but music is a pretty big part of my day.
It feels weird not to have music on when I'm just chilling around the house, in the car, riding, etc....
Music is always the most important thing when it comes to an edit as well. Been watching a lot of ski films lately and just some standout tracks/sections that just fully work, in my opinion, and make the section even better.

Dane Tudor - Everyday Is A Saturday
K'Naan - Take a Minute.
I had never heard the song before this section, but for me it fits so well, and just fits so well with the action and always makes me feel good and gets stuck in my head.

Retallak Section - Everyday Is A Saturday
Cookie Da Herbalist ft. Cali P - Cyaan Stop
TH, CR and Spriggs slaying epic BC pillows and backcountry. Ive been listening to a lot of dub/reggae lately and this song just gets me stoked. This is a reworked version especially for the section to include their names, but the original track is just as good.
R.I.P CR

Sean Pettit - The Way I See It
Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
Queen. Sean Pettit. Nuff Said.

Ahmet Dadali - Eye Trip
Chip Tha Ripper - Get Down.
The track fits with Ahmet's style so so well. Full on G-stylezzz. He takes some serious slams in this. Not a massive fan of his skiing in general, but this section definitely changed my view on him. Not afraid to go big on urban. Gap to ski slide at 3:13 is my standout moment.

Team America - JOSS '09
Notorious B.I.G - Party And Bullshit (Ratatat Remix)
This was the first time I'd seen Tom Wallisch, when I didn't know a massive amount about skiing so didn't really get the whole afterbang at the start, but its hysterical. Seriously sick section. Dumont shows us that he's not just a jump pony and its a rad remix of a first favourite song of mine.

Ingrid/Arne Backstrom split section - The Way I See It
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes - Home.
I can't find the section online, but if you can hold of it, it is an amazing section with an awesome track to it. It was the last section that Arne produced before he died and Ingrid (his sister) reflects on the time they spent skiing together. Pretty moving in some places and there is some sick lines in there.