11/08/2011

Some Interesting Articles

Through this wonderful medium that is the internet, I've read some pretty interesting things lately.
There is so much stuff, good and bad, out there that it can be a little overwhelming sometimes. This is by no means a definitive guide to anything, just a selection of articles I've read that I've found pretty cool and thought I would share.


Helsinki Bus Station Theory
It doesn't have to be the Helsinki Theory, it could be based anywhere, but its a nice way of putting things in perspective. I often find myself over critiquing myself with my photos, thinking they are too similar to what I've seen, but that is just the nature of inspiration. Just keep working at things.

Americas Abandonned Buildings
I love wrecked buildings/architectural photography. May have to go out on the search around here.

The Anatomy of a Jib Shoot
Dan Carr has got to be one of my favourite ski photographers, along with Camilla Stoddart, and he has some pretty cool features on his site about how to set up for shoots with lighting/framing, gear, etc.  I'm crap when it comes to artificial lighting, so I've been reading a lot about it recently trying to get my head around it all. Check out some of the other Photography 101s on the site as well.

Hmm, I thought I had bookmarked more. If I stumble across any others, I'll stick them up here.
Can't believe it though, 3 posts in as many days! There must be something wrong with me.